A very small hack. In Office 2003, once you have inserted a picture you can make it transparent. If you love transparency, you’ll have been disappointed to discover that this function has been removed in Office 2007.
However, there is a way around. It’s a little bit ugly.
- Insert a regular vector object like a rectangle.
- Right click -> Format Picture -> Fill
- Select “Picture or texture fill”
- Insert your picture
- Now play with the transparency
- You may have to remove the “line” outlining the shape