There are lots of books out there that started great, but were padded out to create a tome that won’t fall over on a shelf and can be sold for twenty bucks. This isn’t one of those. There’s no filler material, no pointless repetition and no jargon.
Here’s what’s inside:
- How to prepare before starting.
- The step-by-step process of building a product.
- Iterating to make your product better.
- How best to work with every member of a product team.
Should I read this book?
You should get this book if:
- You’re already in or about to start a product manager role building software – something on the web, or for a mobile or embedded device. (If you work in consumer goods or any other industry, try something else.)
- You don’t have the time or patience for a fat textbook.
- You cringe at words like synergy, vision and “action” as a verb.